Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tutu's Kitchen Table, Epic Lego Battles, Demons and Angels.

Tutu is what my mother prefers to be called by her grandchildren; because Grandma just doesn't cut it (Tutu is Hawaiian for grandma).  And she welcomed me and my three darlings to her home this past week so I could indulge in a marathon session of uninterrupted writing while she entertained the boys.

Imagine my boy's delight when they walked into Tutu's kitchen and discovered a HUGE tub of Legos waiting for them on the kitchen table.  They thought Christmas had come early and without hesitation, dived right in. 

While I was deeply immersed in the struggle for true love between my protagonists Julia and Nathan, my boys were massing an army of Lego men with weapons of mass destruction, pirate ships and treacherous jungles with snakes and killer monkeys.
A dangerous jungle with snakes, killer monkeys and even a ghost!

While Julia was being confronted by Drogo, the Demon Master of LA; Lego soldiers and horses were in the heat of battle across the kitchen table landscape.

As Julia fought the forces of evil by herself, canon balls exploded and Lego men by the dozens were falling by the sword as they defended their small squares of green Lego plastic. 

It was an epic weekend.

I finally emerged two days later from a world of demons and angels, triumphant with the completion of the 4th revision of THE DEMON'S FEATHERS, while my boys cleared the battlefield and resurrected fallen heroes to begin the epic battle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment