Monday, January 10, 2011

Tuesday Review: Jack Lalane's Power Juicer

I love juicing.  It's one way I can get my kids to consume their daily vegetables and fruits.  So, about 4 months ago, our Juiceman Jr. wore out - not to mention that the plastic chute broke (don't use a dishwasher on juicer plastic parts - it makes them brittle).  I was very sad about losing my juicer.  There is nothing like starting the day with fresh, unadulterated juice that is packed with vitamins and minerals in the morning.  Freshly juiced fruit and veggies don't have preservatives and haven't been boiled to the point of killing all the beneficial essences of the produce.

So, my husband got me Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer for Christmas.  Wow.  I thought my Juiceman Jr. was great, but the Power Juicer is far superior. 

Let me list the Juicer's qualities:
  • It is quieter
  • The chute is larger so I don't have to spend so much time cutting up fruits and veggies to fit.
  • The resulting pulp is drier, meaning I get more juice out of it.
  • The Juicer is easier to clean. 
I loved that the Juicer came with a recipe book that had great recipes for using the pulp in muffins, breads and cookies.  So, we get the fiber in our diet as well - no waste.

For the money we spent on it ($38.00 at Kohls, thanks to coupons and a special discount), and the qualities it has, I give the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer the Unicorn Award.  I'm very pleased with this juicer.

Check out Wednesday's post for recipes I've come up with for healthy smoothies for kids.

Until then, eat well, be well and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment